FAQ'S About The K Plan Online Group
Each week will cover a specific topic, it will include a talk, take home activities for the week and a group discussion. They will include a combination of psychology, science and counselling/ psychotherapy theories and techniques. These are tailored around the specific needs of the each particular group.
After the 90 minutes theres always 30 minutes available if any of the group participants want to ask questions individually.
This is common for a lot of people. It can make us feel uncomfortable. You have the option to join the group via zoom "audio only". This means you can turn the video off - you will be able to see us, but no one can see you.
We use zoom, you can learn more about the platform by watching these tutorials here
Obviously the K Plan will only work if you participate and commit fully. If you can't make a week or two you can watch the weekly workshop on our catchup, a weekly link is sent out to you. All activities & tasks will be sent out to you as per usual. In the weekly group sessions we do not record the Q&A section - to protect group confidentiality. You can have questions answered in the members only facebook group.
Once you have booked your space you will be sent all the information via email. To take part you will need
- either a laptop, ipad or smartphone
- a decent wifi connection
- wifi data
- a charger to hand in case your device runs out of battery
- headphones do help but are not essential.
As well as your weekly sessions you will also receive
- the K Plan welcome pack
- Weekly recordings of the workshop session
- Access to paid members facebook group
- Weekly activities & tasks to complete
Your wellness plan is a journey. Your success will depend on your starting point, where you are on your journey and how much commitment you have put in. We always discuss the next part of the journey with you prior to ending. Here are some of the choices you have after the 12 weeks:
- you have reached your set goals and you are happy to part company. You can still be part of our members facebook community.
- you have reached your set goal but would like to set new goals, you have the choice of repeating the K Plan. It is designed to build on what you have previously learnt.
- you have not reached your goals and would like some to book one to one therapy with a qualified counsellor
- you have not reached your goals and would like to try the K Plan again.
- you have not reached your goals and this isn't for you.
All 2020 groups will be hosted by Yasmin, a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist & coach.
She is the creator & founder of The K Plan and has a specialised interest in emotional eating.
In 2021 onwards all groups will be hosted by qualified counsellors/ psychotherapists.